Powered by NSDL e-Gov
➤ Using SIP as a mode of investments makes it simple and hassle free.
➤ SIP allows you the convenience of timely and small investments on a regular basis. Ideal for subscribers looking to invest a specified amount on a regular basis and is lighter on your wallet too
➤ Helps you plan for your goals better as with the setting up of SIP you no longer will need to make lump sum payments for your NPS account
➤ SIP helps you reap benefits of the 'Power of Compounding' by investing regularly over a long period of time
➤ With Rupee Cost Averaging you need not time the market anymore
Steps of Registration of SIP
For features and benefits of NPS please visit NSDL CRA website. www.npscra.nsdl.co.in
Points to Remember before you proceed
1. You should have an 'Active' NPS account.
2. You should have a functional mobile no./Email ID registered under your NPS account.
3. You should either have a net-banking facility activated with your bank account already mapped under NPS or any other bank account with an active net-banking facility. .
4. You will be utilising the PAYTM payment gateway for the SIP process. Click Here for the list of banks empanelled which are currently for e-mandate process.
5. The minimum amount for SIP setup is ₹ 500/- and maximum is ₹ 1,00,000/-.
6. The one time SIP set up charge of ₹. 3.50 (plus applicable taxes) will be realised through equivalent unit deduction from your NPS account at the end of the quarter.
7. A SIP instruction will automatically place Debit instructions from the saving/current account of subscribers similar to ECS process on a specified regularity until the specified end date. Using this feature Subscribers can invest in NPS on monthly, quarterly, half yearly or yearly basis.
8. Please note that, your SIP will be eligible for cancellation after first two SIP renewal dates.
Steps of Registration of SIP
1. An existing subscriber is required to enter PRAN number and DOB and then select the option i.e., Email ID or Mobile number or Both and click on "Submit OTP".
2. OTP will be sent to subscriber. Enter the six digit OTP and "Continue".
3. Select the option "New SIP Registration in NPS" and "Submit".
4. Subscriber is required to enter few details i.e., SIP Amount, Tier Type, SIP Date, Maturity Month and Year and SIP Frequency.
5. Subscriber is required to enter bank details for online e-mandate process. The amount will be deducted from same bank account. Click Here for list of banks empaneled for SIP Process.
6. Subscriber will be displayed the details entered for verification process. After verification click on "Continue".
7. The registration of SIP will be sent for authorization to bank. Once authorization is successful amount will be debited from Subscribers bank account as per SIP Amount and SIP Frequency.
8. Subscriber can also view the "Status of SIP Registered" and "List of SIP transactions".
Steps of Cancellation of SIP
1. An existing subscriber is required to enter PRAN number and DOB and then select the option i.e., Email ID or Mobile number or Both and click on "Submit OTP"".
3. Select the option "Cancellation of SIP" and "Submit".
4. Select the SIP ID which need to be cancelled and click on "Submit".
5. Please note that, your SIP will be eligible for cancellation after first two SIP renewal dates.
For queries write to:
This can happen if "NSDL NPS" application is down due to some technical reasons like "application update" or "server re-starts" etc.
Generally, these kinds of activities are undertaken very late in the evening and not during day time and in most of the cases, are completed in half an hour. You are requested to log-off from the application and try again after half an hour.
This can happen if a large number of users are accessing the system at the same time. If you have already generated "Acknowledgment ID", then you can complete the registration process later using "Complete Pending Registration" link.
As described in "NSDL NPS" homepage, your mobile number is required to be registered with Aadhaar, for eKYC through Aadhaar. OTP is sent to your mobile number for authentication. Please register your mobile number with Aadhaar before initiating registration.
This can happen if website of "Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)", where OTP is generated, is down. You may try registering after some time.
As described in "NSDL NPS Online-Steps for opening account", photograph/signature should be in .jpg or .jpeg format with file size between 4 kb and 20 kb. Please ensure correct format and file size for the photograph/signature. You may adjust the size, if required, using MS Office tool.
Payment done by you towards initial contribution through payment gateway needs to be confirmed by your Accredited Bank for generation of PRAN. In most cases, this does not take more than 2 minutes. If the process is taking very long time, it is possible that the transaction is declined by your Bank. You may confirm with your Accredited Bank that the account is not debited and try again after some time by entering Ack ID in "Complete Pending Application" link.
This message means that you have initiated payment of initial contribution through Payment Gateway but confirmation of payment is pending from your Bank. In the meantime, you have initiated payment of initial contribution again. This is a warning message as it is possible that payment will get processed twice. After initiating payment once, it is advisable to wait till you receive either success or failure message from your Bank or confirm debit status with the Bank.
Credit of units to PRAN takes place as part of settlement process for your initial contribution. Please check with your Accredited Bank whether the Bank has remitted the amount debited from your Account towards initial contribution to PGSP. If not, then units cannot be credited to your account. If yes, then credit of units will take two days after remittance of funds.
NRI can open a NPS account. However, contributions made by NRI are subject to regulatory requirements as prescribed by RBI and FEMA from time to time. If the Subscriber's citizenship status changes, Subscriber's NPS account will be closed. For opening the account you may approach one of the POPs (Point of Presence) registered with PFRDA. For list of POPs, please visit PFRDA website and check under "Intermediaries>POPs>List of POPs. Alternatively, you can open the account Online, through NSDL's online portal e NPS: https://enps.nsdl.com/eNPS/NationalPensionSystem.html.
Please note that for opening account under NRI category, you need to provide details of your NRE/NRO Bank Account only.
The transaction statement can be used as an investment proof in order to avail tax benefit.